Our mission is to improve the lives of the residents of the East Side of Saint Paul by empowering individuals,
strengthening families, and promoting their independence.
Since our founding in 1908, we have served the East side community in partnership with other agencies, businesses and community residents.
"We believe that by working together we can transform our community into a better place to live, work, and raise a family"
Community Services will meet the basic needs of our neighbors to ensure a healthier and more secure East Saint Paul community for all.
Objective 1: Build on core strengths we own
Objective 2: Reach and sustain financial solvency
Objective 3: Increase community presence
- Individuality: We recognize each person’s unique needs and abilities
- Community: We capitalize on the organization’s talents, skills, and resources to adapt to changing needs in the community
- Empowerment: We encourage individuals and groups to act responsibly on behalf of themselves and our community
- Transparency: We value open and honest communication
- Integrity: We act with sincerity to honor the values of Merrick Community Services
Merrick Community Services operates a community center, two food shelves, and a job bank.
We attempt to reach the residents of the East side through various programs targeted at different populations. For adults and families, Merrick offers:
Case management services for adults, children, and families
Community meeting space for seniors
Merrick offers meals on wheels and senior citizen programs.
After school and evening youth services including the East side Heritage Program
Where People Count